Returning to a planet where Dr. McCoy headed a mass-innoculation program against Saurian
virus 19 years earlier, the U.S.S. Enterprise crew
find that McCoy is wanted for starting a
plague that killed most of the planet's population following that earlier visit.
- In this episode the Enterprise's Shuttlecraft Hangar Doors were seen opening from the
outside. This was too expensive to show on the original series since it would have entailed an
expensive new model.
- There is a page in this site that focuses on the Draman Patrol ship
that was used by Deimos in this episode.
- There was a visual error in this episode: In the last scene, Dr. McCoy is seen wearing a yellow
shirt. (Picture showing this error, 35KB jpeg).
- Nurse Chapel was referred to as "Lieutenant" in this episode.
- A VHS video tape containing "The Albatross"
and "Bem" is available for purchase from
amazon.com, the online bookseller.
- "Albatross" was novelized by Alan Dean Foster in Star Trek Log Six
published by Ballantine Books in March 1976. Also novelized in the book was
"The Practical Joker" and "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth".